Friday, November 22, 2013

  So I'm here finishing up my demoreel, waiting for renders to be completed. I obviously can't post those projects right now, but I can show some earlier versions of what I am currently putting the finishing touches on. Please note that these images are works in progress.

Last term I rendered out a project that wasn't quite ready to be rendered out. It still needed a lot of texture work. During the break after the term i did a quick paint over of the render. I kind of like it but I knew it would be so much better to have an actual turn table for this piece. So this one's not going into my portfolio but I figured I could put it here on my blog. I'm so glad that I decided to really finish this piece and animate a turntable. It is 100 percent improved. In the second image here, I overlayed the wireframe of the geometry from Maya. I wish I had the turntable, but that probably will not be rendered then comped in Nuke until tomorrow or Sunday.

Maya, Vray, Photoshop



                               
Here's an early render of a project that I actually have opened here on my computer in Nuke. This really has come a long way. I wanted to post this early version to document the difference that a few days makes on the quality of the image just to remind and encourage myself that a project can always be better with a little more time and effort.

Maya, Vray, Shave and a Haircut



Same story here. This guy has given me a lot of pain when it comes to rendering. At the point when this image below was finished, 1 frame took 8 hours to finish. Vray and Shave and a Haircut do not work well together. But I found some work arounds to optimize my renders and its now down to 6 minutes per frame. That's progress.


Each of these projects are completed and are now being rendered out on turn tables. Not only are they now animated, but the look of each one is so much improved that I cant wait to upload the final comps. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment